Monday, May 22, 2006

"what's the character thinking?"

Today, I came across this inspirational speech by Glen Keane. It was wonderful hearing this modern day animation master telling the CalArts students to "Go forth and be yorselves, don't try to be somebody else". In away I found this speech a bit ironic especially now where we're at a time when people who aspire to become cg character animators just download the same free rig off of the internet and all end up doing bits of animation that just "blah" one into the other. I'm not saying that there aren't good animators amonsgt them, far from that. But if there is great talent amongst these people, it does definately become paler for using a free rig and not their own design.
Saying that... I must confess that I also am using one of those free rigs to do bits and pieces of animation fro my new showreel. What can I say in my defense?
I'm a crap modeller and know nothing, ziltch, nada about rigging, but I am going to do my darndest to let my personality shine through! (I just hope it works!)

1 comment:

MiauMau said...

Obrigada pelo apoio! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails