Monday, November 17, 2008

grão a grão enche a galinha o papo - part I

Today's title translates as "seed after seed the chicken fill its crop", which I feel is really fitting for what I have been doing lately...
As I mentioned in the previous post, I conquered my terrifying fear of sewing machines and threw myself head first into some lessons that eventually led to my very first proper sewing machine (bask in its amazing glory here) and astonishingly enough to my first proper commission!
Roz, the lovely owner of Sew Much Fun, not only taught me how to sew (and convinced me to buy a bernina... for they are the rolls royce of the sewing machine world :P) but, also liked my toys enough to want to do a bit of a trial run and sell some christmas ornaments and toys made by yours truely.
In a state of shock, it took me a couple of days to recover and a trip to the knitting and stitching show to come up with this...... a xmas version of my underpants boy! The same character that rebooted my creative brain that had been laying dormant for the past 4 years.
This is the first of a series of little toys and ornaments that I will be sharing with you, kind reader (if you're still awake after all this rambling!) in the next few week up until christmas.
So, as the title says seed by seed, bit by bit, my little toys will conquer the world, bwa ah ah!
... just kidding... :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails